PRECIOSA

PRECIOSA
En Jamaica

Adopting Elizabeth or better yet, Adopting Mommy!

I am adding to this post, not removing the original content. And I'd like to say that it has been a beautiful journey to be Elizabeth's Mom and to be part of her life. I hope Eli, that one day you can go over this blog that I've created for you and that you will cherish our lives together. I'd like to title this blog" Adopting Mommy" instead. You've taken me, accepted me and made me a better person.

Original Post from 2008 when I created this blog: Some of the pics were taken at the foster home where she has lived since she was born. We have received these photos on a monthly basis together with her medical reports.

Adiciono a este parrafo, sin quitar el contenido original escrito en el 2008 cuando inicie este blog. Ha sido una experiencia fundamental en mi vida el ser madre y especialmente, madre de Eli. Y espero que un dia no muy lejano, puedas revisar cada comentario escrito, cada detalle de este blog y te llenes de alegria recordando cada viaje, anecdota, situacion, dia, evento, vividos juntas. Deseo llamar este blog " Adoptando a Mami" porque me has acogido, aceptado y moldeado para ser la persona que hoy soy.

Parrafo original:

Esta es nuestra Eli. Algunas de las
fotos han sido tomadas en la casa de familia donde ha vivido desde que nacio y
que recibimos junto con un reporte mensual medico.





Como dejar comentarios en el blog

Para dejar comentarios, simplemente selecciona al final de un dia la palabra comments. Cuando la nueva pagina se abra, escribe el mensaje y en donde dice choose identity, selecciona Anonymous. Si aparecen letras de verificacion, entralas en la casilla que correponde y por ultimo haz click en donde dice publish comment.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Meeting uncle Jaime O. and family / Conociendo al tio Jaime O. y familia

This past Saturday we had more family coming to meet baby Elizabeth for the first time. My brother and sister in law came home with my beautiful and lovely niece Isabella.
I got up early so I could cook lunch before the visit arrived. I decided to make some meat, potatoes, yuca, corn on the cob and rice for lunch. At home, in Colombia my mom would call it "sudado". So I cooked the sudado with a very nice tomato and onions salsa all together and the rice on a separate pot. We couldn't forget the "aji" which is made out of scallions, cilantro, a tiny hot pepper called aji and some water and salt. My guests said that lunch was pretty good and I believe it because nobody left anything on the plate and some of us even had seconds.

The weather was still cold in the morning but in the late afternoon the sun came out and we were able to enjoy it through the windows at home. Isabella is already four months old and every time I see her I notice how quickly she is growing and getting bigger. She is such a pretty baby, happy as Elizabeth and very patience. The two cousins did great together. Elizabeth approached the baby very gently touching her hands and with one of her fingers also touching Isabella's nose. Isabella would look back at Eli and grab her hand. It was really nice seeing them together for the first time.
My brother JaimeO. was very excited and happy as well as aunt Angela, Helenita and Pilar(Angela's mom and sister).
My brother brought a camera for me that my dad asked him to get and connect to my computer so we can have video calls and my parents can see Elizabeth. So Jaime O. did the installation after lunch while we were in the living room chatting and later on having some tea time with dessert of course.
Elizabeth would not let Greg go while the visit was home; she wanted her dad to hold her most of the time. At first she was quiet and reserved but later on she started being friendlier and playful. It was a really nice afternoon for all of us!!

Now changing the topic, today I took Elizabeth to the doctor for another test. We still don't have any formal results yet because the doctor is waiting to have all results together to talk to us or to say that things are okay with Eli. I am a little bit concerned about some parasites or intestinal infection she may have because when we went to Guatemala last year in September to meet her for the first time, she was ill and when we took her to the doctor and he saw the lab results, he said that the baby had and intestinal infection that I am not pretty sure was completelly cured and treated back then. Her belly is so distended that I don't think it's normal. We'll see what the doctor says but it may take one more week for us to have the results.
Eli is doing fine but sometimes I am the one that gets impatience. I've been cooking nice and healthy meals for her and many times she does not even give them a try. She either rejects them right away or she wants to feed herself with the fork and spoon and of course she does not grab anything on the fork or the spoon and brings nothing to her mouth and if I try to feed her, she then moves her head backwards or closes her mouth firmly. Are all children like this? Any piece of advice on this?

Today after her doctor's visit I took her to Target and then to JC Penney. I was trying to find a pair of nice white shoes to wear with her dresses but I couldn't really find anything nice. I got her a pair of shoes at Target but I wasn't very pleased with them. On the way back home, she fell asleep right away and tonight she went straight to bed without having to play with her first or hold her until she falls asleep. She was very tired and so am I. So I hope that you like these latest pics of baby Elizabeth and her family... Good night all.
The two cousins.

Abriendo el regalo de los tios y la prima.



Jaime O. e Isabella (Isa).


Las mamas...

Esa cara de yo no fui.

Primas en cuna de Eli.




I love this smile!

Tia Pili e Isa.

No comments: