PRECIOSA

PRECIOSA
En Jamaica

Adopting Elizabeth or better yet, Adopting Mommy!

I am adding to this post, not removing the original content. And I'd like to say that it has been a beautiful journey to be Elizabeth's Mom and to be part of her life. I hope Eli, that one day you can go over this blog that I've created for you and that you will cherish our lives together. I'd like to title this blog" Adopting Mommy" instead. You've taken me, accepted me and made me a better person.

Original Post from 2008 when I created this blog: Some of the pics were taken at the foster home where she has lived since she was born. We have received these photos on a monthly basis together with her medical reports.

Adiciono a este parrafo, sin quitar el contenido original escrito en el 2008 cuando inicie este blog. Ha sido una experiencia fundamental en mi vida el ser madre y especialmente, madre de Eli. Y espero que un dia no muy lejano, puedas revisar cada comentario escrito, cada detalle de este blog y te llenes de alegria recordando cada viaje, anecdota, situacion, dia, evento, vividos juntas. Deseo llamar este blog " Adoptando a Mami" porque me has acogido, aceptado y moldeado para ser la persona que hoy soy.

Parrafo original:

Esta es nuestra Eli. Algunas de las
fotos han sido tomadas en la casa de familia donde ha vivido desde que nacio y
que recibimos junto con un reporte mensual medico.





Como dejar comentarios en el blog

Para dejar comentarios, simplemente selecciona al final de un dia la palabra comments. Cuando la nueva pagina se abra, escribe el mensaje y en donde dice choose identity, selecciona Anonymous. Si aparecen letras de verificacion, entralas en la casilla que correponde y por ultimo haz click en donde dice publish comment.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

No Words, Just First Day Pics in Antigua

Well, some words now that I have some time. Greg posted the pics this morning.

La Antigua Guatemala used to be the capital of Guatemala, and this is the reason they call it "La Antigua" or "The Old". The former capital of Guatemala was destroyed by an earthquake in 1773 and rather than rebuild, the country's aristocracy opted for a fresh start in the neighboring Valley of the Hermitage, the current site of Guatemala City.
Today, Antigua (as it is more commonly referred to) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

We couldn´t have had the Embassy interview at a better time. All Guatemala and especially La Antigua celebrate Holy Week with a steady stream of processions and religious events. But I will make Palm Sunday a one-day entry this coming week.

I had an early start going to church at 7am for a Palm Sunday celebration. I bought my palm, had it blessed and was back at the hotel by 830am. Greg and "Dora la Exploradora" were already up and waiting for me.
We all got ready and left the hotel by 1030am. We went to Central Park or Parque Central where a procession was passing by. The sun was strong so we all put on sunblock on and started following the procession. We walked for about 3 hours until Elizabeth became tired, and we went back to the hotel. She did not take a nap nor had she had her bottle. Today has been the first day that she only had 2 bottles the entire day. (She normally drinks 5 or 6.) I´ve been concerned about it but Greg reminds me that she has been eating well (meaning rice, potatoes, some soup, juices, etc). We´ll see how it goes tomorrow.

We left the hotel again at around 430pm and after more sightseeing and an early dinner, we went back to the hotel and Eli went to sleep very quickly.

This is the first time that I've see a McDonald´s this nice. It´s an old colonial house and once you get your order, you can sit in this courtyard with many trees and flowers and nice tables. This is why you see a McDonald´s in the pic. I´m not really into fast food but another couple we met in Guatemala City told us about this place that we needed to check out.

Elizabeth makes so many faces and just by looking at her, she makes us laugh. She is so ready to go and loves people and any type of activity. Greg tells me that this is the excercise routine I was looking for... and he may be right. She explores everything, even behind the night stands when she is able to move them. But when she is asleep, she is an angel, a pure angel.

But I have to say, I love having her with us. It just brings some spice and happiness to our relationship and love...It really complements us.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO hay palabras... estan espectaculares los 3.

Nos vemos muy pronto - Tio Jaime