PRECIOSA

PRECIOSA
En Jamaica

Adopting Elizabeth or better yet, Adopting Mommy!

I am adding to this post, not removing the original content. And I'd like to say that it has been a beautiful journey to be Elizabeth's Mom and to be part of her life. I hope Eli, that one day you can go over this blog that I've created for you and that you will cherish our lives together. I'd like to title this blog" Adopting Mommy" instead. You've taken me, accepted me and made me a better person.

Original Post from 2008 when I created this blog: Some of the pics were taken at the foster home where she has lived since she was born. We have received these photos on a monthly basis together with her medical reports.

Adiciono a este parrafo, sin quitar el contenido original escrito en el 2008 cuando inicie este blog. Ha sido una experiencia fundamental en mi vida el ser madre y especialmente, madre de Eli. Y espero que un dia no muy lejano, puedas revisar cada comentario escrito, cada detalle de este blog y te llenes de alegria recordando cada viaje, anecdota, situacion, dia, evento, vividos juntas. Deseo llamar este blog " Adoptando a Mami" porque me has acogido, aceptado y moldeado para ser la persona que hoy soy.

Parrafo original:

Esta es nuestra Eli. Algunas de las
fotos han sido tomadas en la casa de familia donde ha vivido desde que nacio y
que recibimos junto con un reporte mensual medico.





Como dejar comentarios en el blog

Para dejar comentarios, simplemente selecciona al final de un dia la palabra comments. Cuando la nueva pagina se abra, escribe el mensaje y en donde dice choose identity, selecciona Anonymous. Si aparecen letras de verificacion, entralas en la casilla que correponde y por ultimo haz click en donde dice publish comment.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Palm Sunday in La Antigua / Domingo de Ramos en La Antigua

We finally arrived in NH on Wednesday evening and the three of us were exhausted.
Yesterday I had to take the baby and myself to the doctor because we were not feeling well. My doctor said that I caught a viral infection in Guatemala and gave me some medication to help relieve the symptoms (coughing, fever, sneezing, etc) while my body fights the infection and today Thank God I'm feeling much better.
Elizabeth's doctor said that she is fine but she has an ear infection so he prescribed an antibiotic.
The first night at home was the most difficult one for Elizabeth. She was scared and did not want to be alone for even a second. She slept with us but woke up quite a few times and would grab me and would not let me go. She has had so many changes in the past week. She falls asleep in one place and wakes up in a different one. I would be scared too. Greg has been such a great guy/ father/ spouse/ friend/ and has done so much for us. Because I was so sick the first night we arrived home, he was the one taking care of feeding Eli, changing her and also taking care of me.

I will be posting pics of Eli's arrival in NH and at home and telling more about how her adjustment is going.

These are the pics from La Antigua in Semana Santa or Holy Week that I promised to post. I love all your comments and e-mails. Thank you for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers for a smooth transition into a new and positive life.















2 comments:

Kat and Colin said...

Beautiful photos and we can't wait to see new photos of Elizabeth.

Congratulations on being home! You may be surprised how quickly Elizabeth's fears turn to curiousity and then you get to see her blossom right before your eyes. This is an exciting time and there will never be another time like it. Unless, of course, you adopt again :) It can certainly have moments of stress and adjustment, but when you look back, you won't believe how quickly time goes by and how much you cherish this time.

Best wishes,

Kat, Colin, Sophia and Keenan

Anonymous said...

Clarena, Greg, and Elizabeth,

Glad you finally made it home! I miss you! Looking forward tothe updates. Patti says congrats!

Cecile